.

.

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Three Year Times: 6 {Bigger}

You keep doing it.

You keep getting bigger.

I read this yesterday...


You'll be 4 soon.
I hear it said often that time will fly as we raise you.
I've learned that, that "flying time" is not just time lost, or gone too fast, but it is made up of something a little more difficult.
It's called, letting go.
As time swirls on & we watch you grow, harder questions about you emerge.
As it always will be.
It's hard. Hard to know what is always best for you.
Because, I know what I'd like, but then again, it's not all about me.
It's about you. And the plan that was made for you long ago.
And that is hard too. When will it never be about me?
When will I ever think about the best for others with no concern for me?
The Lord is teaching me.
And as you keep growing bigger, I keep growing too.
Being a parent is an interesting thing.
It is full of joy & sorrow. Pain & celebration.
But. I promise you, we will always be full of joy for you & who you are becoming.
It is a joyous, infectious feeling catching the glimpses of that mighty woman slowly growing inside that little body of yours.
You are cherished and treasured.
We are so grateful we get to walk this road with you, little big girl.

2 comments:

Sherrie Kulwicki said...

And we are so grateful you share her life with those who love her! Happy life, Parker Grace. You are a gift! You are a joy to your Aunt Sha and Uncle Billy.

Crystal said...

this makes me a little sad... but, also happy at how fun it is to watch these little guys grow up. *sigh*...