.

.

Monday, June 13, 2016

My lunch bunch

My lunch crew since 2007.

Mealtime at our house is messy.
And loud.
And busy.
Sometimes a dog sneaks in there & steals something out of a little boy's hand- Parker is smarter than the dog, the boys are working on it.
I made a joke the other day to someone- who was going out to lunch with friends- not to be jealous of me, because I got to go home & make lunch "for all these people."
We laughed. They knew I was kidding.
But as I drove home, I remembered how much fun I used to have making my toddler peeps food throughout the day. Like I'm pretty sure I loved it. And all the little things that came along with being a new stay at home mama.
It was such a sweet flood of memories.
And I really missed those days.

And then I realized, one day, I'll miss this too.
The chaos of 4 kids at mealtime.
This used to feel like such a privilege, but now seems just so ordinary. And sometimes maddening- if I'm being completely honest.
So I snapped a photo. And I'm determined to look past the loud, the mess & the dog…& find complete joy in my "sort of" simple days again.

Here's to this fabulous lunch bunch & the awesome lunches I make for them!
(just ignore the cereal bowl, corny dogs, & bottle of ketchup)

P.S.- this photo is in black & white because I'm fancy or because my floors were dirty…whatever sounds better.

No comments: