.

.

Thursday, January 8, 2009

Happy New Year!

Well, I'm finally back:). It's been busy around here lately. Mitchel is officially back to work, and Parker and I have been adjusting to life without him around during the day. Monday was a sad day, the dooms day I'd been waiting for, but we all survived. Now life is feeling more normal, and Parker and I have been enjoying just hanging around the house and playing with all our new Christmas toys. This Christmas was really one of the best one's we've ever had. Parker was so very excited about all the things that went on, and it just made Christmas for us. She, of course, was spoiled to death with toys galore, clothes galore, and new bedding for a "big girl" bed. My parents went a little crazy in Pottery Barn Kids, and bought almost an entire line of the bedding I loved. So, I guess I got a little spoiled too;).

And now here we are in a new year. 2009 is proving to be a great year. Parker's 2nd birthday will be here before we know it, Mitchel and I will mark 6 years of marriage in June, and the crazy summer will kick off once June starts! Parker is growing into a little girl before our very eyes. Since the new year, she's learned to put her sock on her foot without help, how to slide down her slide on her stomach (AH!), and, wait for it....how to say "NO!" Geez. I was waiting for that one. It has quickly become a favorite word around our house, and I hate to admit it, but its darn cute when she says it! Oh well, I usually graze over the word, hoping the novelty of it will pass quickly....we'll see!

So, here's hoping 2009 will be the best yet. Full of family, love, fun, and growth. I'm praying that God continues to draw us near, speak to our hearts, keep us obedient, and to bless our family with health, joy, and prosperity. I pray the same for all of you. And as for me, I just want to be a great wife, mom, child, friend, and Jesus follower in this new year.

Hope you enjoy our Christmas pictures from this year. We've got one funny, cute kid...

Sliding with some of her new favorites. Gotta love that smile!

3 happy kids on Christmas morning:).

Tutu & headband- wears for hours
Maracas- shakes for hours, mostly while wearing the tutu & headband
Thanks Uncle Chad, Aunt CC, Grammie & Poppie...

Swinging in her new swing. Think she loves it???

Parker & her favorite...Daddy. That's another new favorite word. We've moved from the baby days full of "da-da," and into the world of, "Dad-dee!" She calls him through the house, on the phone, in her bed...I think she loves him.

AND why wouldn't she???
Thanks, Aunt Sha & Uncle Billy for the tea set. It has been more than gently used over the last few weeks, and by more than just Parker...hehe. I think he loves her too.

1 comment:

The Lowry Place said...

I love the photo with Parker on Mitchel's shoulders. You should send me that full res. and let me play around with it in photoshop. Ya'll are such a cute little family.