.

.

Friday, November 6, 2009

Pumpkin Patch 09


We hit the Rockwall Pumpkin Patch a couple of weeks ago.
We really enjoy the pumpkin patch.
Just makes it feel like fall.
Parker caught on to the excitement big time this year, which made it even more fun.
She was quite thrilled with every pumpkin that crossed her path.
She had hers all picked out before 5 minutes had passed.
I like girls who can make good decisions and stick to them! :)

My sweet girl.
Still find it hard to believe she's so big.


That's the one.
She found it, and didn't let it go.
It's sitting right out front as we speak.

Me and my girl.
Like her new "smile?"
It comes out with the camera.
Keep looking. It'll crack you up...or at least, it cracks me up.

Yep, always that sweet.
I love them.
He's just a special daddy.
She'll realize that one day...

Picking out a baby Tucker pumpkin.
Then we bought her one to paint PINK at home.
She had told me a week or so before that she was going to pick out a pink pumpkin.
So, I decided, since they don't come pink, she should get to create her own.
I have pictures of that, but we'll save those for later...


Then came the fun.
Picking out pumpkins is not the only thing to do at the pumpkin patch.
Oh no.
Didn't you know....there's face painting,

(where all the examples had to do with halloween, but my GIRL wanted pink- that's all she'd say, so the nice lady smiled & said, how about a heart- she whole heartedly agreed:).)

and crafts,

(yes, I know- I put this picture here on purpose- trying to keep memories alive- and I recently read a post about how important it is to make sure to have pictures of yourself with your kids-here's my contribution- ugh)

Hmm....
(Is that a smile??
That wreath is hanging on her door.)

and firetrucks!!
See, the smile continues.
Silly kid...
(she pushed every button she could reach on that truck)

We left with 5 pumpkins. 
One for each of us.
And one to be painted pink.
We also took home a beautiful fall wreath & a little 2 year old with a pink heart on her face.

And....I'll leave this long post with this...
Tucker update coming soon.
His room is completely painted (my kids rooms are my favorite in the house), his bed is assembled, his dresser delivered (and in a million pieces- poor Mitchel), & a big plan for shopping tomorrow. His laundry is being washed and folded, and I'm finding myself getting increasingly excited over this new little boy about to invade our family. I really can't wait to meet him.
I have an appointment on Tuesday, and hopefully I can post about that & have pics of his room.
So check back for monkeys & news:).
It won't be long....
and I can't believe it. 

No comments: