.

.

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Christmas Day 2010

After a late night at the Mershawn's our kids slept in until 8:00.
Very cool.

We always spend Christmas morning at home, taking it easy, enjoying each other.
And...opening presents.

Tuck enjoyed Christmas, but he was definitely not into opening presents.
Having these out in the open helped peek his interest for a few minutes.
However, he quickly escaped to the playroom to play with his own stuff;).
A little overwhelming having to open presents on your birthday, then for 4 other Christmases.
It's a rough life.
Parker, on the other hand, was THRILLED it was Christmas.




We had a great helper, in case we couldn't figure out how to open our presents.
I love Bakerella...
Mitchel got some cool stuff too.
I think he was opening his new arm band for his iPhone for running.
Don't ask me how it works...
just kidding.

********************
Our Christmas ended at my mom & dad's.
My mom had to work that day, so we spent a lot of time playing, trying to watch a few movies, & eating.
Having Chad & CC there was so great.
But the greatest of all was having Okee there.
He is SWEET.

We attempted some family shots.
The best of my kids.

Aw. That's nice.

The best of our family.
Something is wrong with my lips.
And the camera magnifies it.
My mom & a few friends keep telling me to go to a dermatologist.
I keep hoping it goes away...
Can you tell how red it is around my mouth?
Weird.

Time for presents.
And...the only picture of Chad, Crystal & Owen.
That is on my list this year.
Getting pictures of FAMILY...
Really...how hard is that?
Apparently hard.

And that was our Christmas.
Finally.
It was so fun having my sister & Chad here.
It went by so fast, but we spent A LOT of time with them.
I ended this with a picture of my babies.
I want to remember how curious & busy & sweet Tucker was at the end of last year.
And I want to remember how young & innocent Parker was.
She seems big. Really big.
But I know that she's not. And I want to remember that.
And I am so thankful to be their mom.
Raising them is stretching, beautiful, hard, awesome, tiring, powerful, & the best part of my life right now.
2011 has great promise & I pray it does for you too!

********************
Now that that's done...
I have a few fun things to share with you this week & next.
Some ways to get your kids helping others.
Evidently that is a new found passion of mine.
For good reason I suppose:)...

No comments: