.

.

Monday, January 24, 2011

Show Hope

I am a selfish person.
I like things to be the way I want them.
I get frustrated if things don't go my way.
I pray about that...a lot.
But praying about it has brought the realization that getting over selfishness requires not being so concerned over me & where I'm stuck, but instead acting on opportunities to serve & give to those who are not able to be selfish.
It is teaching me how tremendously blessed I am & how my selfishness is pretty ridiculous.
And at the same time, learning it really has nothing, at all, to do with me.
It's about Him.

What it does have to do with is others.
Show Hope is serving others. The least of others.
Babies & children who have nothing.
No mom to tuck them in bed at night.
No dad to sing a sweet song in their ear.
No mom to worry over clothes that are getting too small,
or whether they'd rather have pink or purple pajamas.

No one to kiss a boo-boo.
Or to tell them how much they love them.

Show Hope is changing lives.
They are loving the broken & poor.
They are telling them of their only real Father, who treasures them.

And they need some help.
They are building medical facilities alongside orphanages in China.
And they need supplies.
Stuff we take for granted everyday.
Like footie pajamas.

In learning to deal with selfishness (& so much more, really), giving is one way I can overcome myself.
And, thanks to Show Hope, a certain little girl is learning early on in life, what her mama is still learning everyday...
it's not about us.
There are many others who need help, & we can help them, if we are willing.
Thanks to Show Hope, she knows words like orphan & adopt.
And I like that...a lot.
If you want to help out, click here for more information.
Then you can get crazy at Target too.

“And the King will say, ‘I tell you the truth, when you did it to one of the least of these my brothers and sisters, you were doing it to me!’
Matthew 25:40

3 comments:

Sherrie Kulwicki said...

My sweet Amber, Your aunt Sha finds it very hard to believe you struggle with selfishness. You are so selfless in your giving to others. But I know the Father knows our hearts and what a wonderful way you have chosen to overcome. I am so proud of who you are and who you are becoming. You are a delight. Hugs!

The Johnson's said...

This is an amazing way to help out! Thanks for sharing!:)

Tina Certain said...

Girlfriend...you need to look up the meaning of selfish! I know the Lord was laughing when He read this post! Silly girl! Love you! Mom