.

.

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Miss P {4 years}

Parker at 4 months.
Sweet, sweet, sweet.
And so happy. I could eat that baby up.

Parker at 4 years.
Wait, what?

Girl, you have spunk & spirit.
You keep your mom & dad on their toes.
You ask lots of questions, are always thinking one step ahead, & aren't afraid to speak your mind.

You are refreshingly alive.
You bring life to all you do.
Whether it's giving a big hug, or throwing a big fit, it's full & rich.

I know it's already a known fact...but I can't believe it's been 4 years.
As a baby you were so easy & laid back.
At 1, you took things slowly & deliberately, & were so, so sweet.
At 2, you talked & talked, & had many happy happy moments.
At 3, you found independence.
And now. You are 4.
Amazing.

You love girly things.
Sparkles & pink, frills & tutu's, painted fingernails & bows in your hair.
You love to draw & write.
You can count to 100, when you have help with the tens.
It's been incredible to watch you grow into such a bright little lady.
You write your name, your family's names, can name all letters & many letter sounds.
Your kindergarten teacher will love you;).

You love to read.
Books are a fun escape for you.
Most times, you snuggle up to mom or dad with your blanket & quietly take in whatever it is you've chosen.

You have a very sweet spirit & yet a drive to have things the way you see them.
And, that's great.
It's hard sometimes now, but when we look at the big picture, we see God's hand in that personality.
And that, makes me smile.

You are a truly great big sister.
You invite Tucker along to play most anywhere you go...unless it's an intrusion to an already planned out event in your mind.
You are gracious when he pulls your hair, reminding yourself, he's learning that's not okay.
You are sympathetic when he feels bad or gets sad.
You make things better when he gets hurt.
And it hurts your feelings when he won't give you a hug.
You love that boy.
In fact you informed me the other day you want another brother.
If only you knew what that would really be like;).

You love to swim, paint, ride your bike, play with your 3 babies, twirl & dance, run, dress up, watch movies, & craft.
You are beginning to understand that there's a bigger world around you.
And we are teaching you that we are here to serve & love them.
And, you are understanding.
I love, love, love being your mom.
I cannot imagine life without you, my ladybug.
You bring us joy. You bring us more patience.
You make me laugh daily. That giggle would make anyone smile.
And you are treasured by Dad, Tuck, me, & so many more.
Enjoy being 4. It's a good number to be:)!
And...slow down. We love you sweet P!

3 comments:

The Johnson's said...

Wow, 4 yrs. old!:) It goes by way to fast! I love these pictures of Parker especially the 2nd one ...looks like it should be in a magazine!:)

The Mershawn's said...

Ha! Thanks:)...it's my killer photography skills...hahaha...or maybe the sun was just in her eyes & her mama didn't notice until I took that picture;). But I liked it too!

Tina Certain said...

Oh Miss P...I can't believe the difference 4 years makes! I'm with Kelly I love the 2nd picture...seen that face a few times! But, still so sweet! Grammy loves you!