.

.

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Tucker at 3

It's been the Truett show around here lately.
But there are 2 other very amazing children in this household.
One will turn 6 in 2 weeks. Excuse me while I go lie down...
The other is soon to be 3 1/2.
Here's my letter to my Tucker B...

 Little Tucker man.
You are becoming quite the big boy.
You were playing videos on my phone the other day of you at this time last year & I realized how much you've grown.
It makes my heart so sad & so happy at the same time.
You became a big brother since the last time I wrote to you.
And you are awesome at it.
You totally rock the big brother thing.
I'm watching the 2 of you become good friends right before my eyes.
It's an exciting, beautiful thing.

 You're also now the middle man.
And you do that so well, too.
You love your big sis something fierce.
And you can handle all that sass she throws your way.
Although, she doesn't always like the way you handle it;).
You make the middle of our very cute oreo, & you do it with ease.
I'm so thankful for that.
You do love your alone time with Dad & I, though.
I'm even more thankful for that.

 With all this growing up, you're still such a baby in so many ways.
You love your blanket. It brings you great comfort.
You're still hanging on to those diapers.
You call zebras "breezas." 
You still have the cutest giggle that still makes me want to squish you.
You call me mommy, mama, & mom all. day. long.
You still love to snuggle.
You've been in a big boy bed over a year now, but still love to get out of it instead of sleeping.
Work in progress.

 You are ALL boy.
You love making messes, getting dirty, getting wet.
You love all things super hero. Especially Thor & Captain America.
Lightning McQueen & Woody are your best friends.
I love watching you with your favorite toys. They are so real to you.
It's the best.
You love adventures.
You love swords. And shields. 
You love to try to sneak off with "real swords"...also known as knives.
Truth.
And you make sound effects, all the time.
You are loud. You are fast. You get quiet, I get worried.
You've scared me so much more than your sister ever has.
Crazy kid.

 You are sometimes painfully shy.
It hurts my heart for you.
But people just love you because of your sweet nature.
You are a good friend. Even at 3 I can already see that God has placed such special things in you.
You are a giver, a natural sharer. Oh how I love that.
You are tender hearted & notice when people are upset.
And when you get upset, you feel it.
When someone has won your trust, you show it with hugs, wrestling, & giggles.
You are a lot of fun. And you're way sweet, even amidst the wrestling.
You remind your Mimi so much of your daddy when he was little.
I love to see that twinkle she gets in her eye when you're with her.

 You love cereal, corn dogs, all fruit, cereal, yogurt, cereal, pancakes, Chick Fil A, cereal, eggs & CEREAL.
You love to steal drinks of my root beer or sweet tea.
You only eat the frosting on cupcakes.
You refuse to eat sandwiches, thus the discovery of your love of corn dogs.
And you ask for cereal (see-yal) all day long.

You love animals. Especially lions & dogs.
Your lion imitation is practiced often (as evidenced in the above picture) & is accompanied by a ferocious growl. Many know it.
I feel like your height is fairly average, but you seem to have long legs.
And your feet. They never stop growing.
You are only one size behind Miss P. Crazy.
You just started playing soccer. It's been stretching for us both, but it's helped me learn more about you.
You are so brave sometimes. And it makes me so proud.
You love balls. And building. And running (you are pretty amazing at running). And parks. And swings. And anything active.
You have several favorite movies these days, especially Toy Story 2 & 3 (the fires), Peter Pan, & Madagascar. Hence the lion thing.
Little boy, I tell you everyday that I'm so glad it was you God sent to be our first son.
We are honored to be your mom & dad.
And we are so proud of you.
What a 3 year old you've turned out to be & what an awesome 3 years it's been!
Gosh, we love you.

1 comment:

Tina Certain said...

Tucker you are everything your momma just wrote. Grammy needs a tissue...where has time gone? We love you little guy and are so proud of who you are. Although I can wait, I can't wait to see the young man you become. Thank you for all the moments of sweetness and laughter you bring to us. Grammy :O)