.

.

Monday, December 15, 2014

Lincoln Life {one month & counting}

 My sweet Lincoln.
You are such a special gift to our family.
Everyone thinks you are the greatest thing ever.
And we're all right!

 Your first month of life will be some of my favorite memories for a long time.
We just were. Me & you & your dad & your crazy brothers & sister.
Especially me & you.
We came home from the hospital & introduced you to life as we know it.
And you fell right in. Like you belonged. As you do.

 And then we stayed here.
Day after day. It was glorious.
Life around here can get pretty busy.
And really crazy. I don't always like that.
And when you came, you helped me slow.
Slow everything. And I remembered what a gift that was.

 Thank you. Because now, I have your first weeks etched in my mind with nothing else interfering.
Your daddy was home almost a whole week.
Your Grammy came the next week.
Slow time with people I love, thanks to you.

 Your first month also included:
Learning a schedule. Which you are a genius at.
You came home from the hospital only waking up twice a night hungry.
And you always go right back to sleep.
*Rockstar.*

 Snuggling.
Staring.
Sleeping.
Learning to like a paci.
Learning the faces of the voices you knew all too well.

Melting your mama's heart every time you looked at her with those sweet, shiny, newborn eyes.
Doctor visits, showing off what a good eater you are.
(4 weeks- 11 lbs 13 oz, 24 in)
Being swaddled up tight.
Listening to your mom & dad oooh & aww over how tiny you were.
Hating bath time.
Loving cuddling.
Meeting so many sweet people, who blessed us so much with dinners for over 2 weeks!
A mama could get used to that.

And at 4 weeks?
Flashing that first real gummy grin.
The first of many.
Oh man, we love you, Lincoln.
Thanks for growing me, stretching me, winning me, needing me, & letting me in.
Goodness I love being your mom.
Happy one month littlest brother!!

1 comment:

Sherrie Kulwicki said...
This comment has been removed by the author.