.

.

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Countdown 1 year {6 months}

Tucker, it's been 1/2 a year already.
It seems like just yesterday we were planning your arrival,
and yet it feels like you've always been a part of our family now.

At 6 months...
you are silly. You make funny faces & such silly noises.
Your voice is deeper than your sister's & a little raspy.
You have a contagious gummy grin & giggle.

Your dad, sister, & I remain your favorite friends.
But your growing curiosity & sense of adventure have made you very aware of other friends in your world. Dogs, toys, Parker's snack bowls of pretzels, cuppies, remote controls, cell phones & grandparents are some of your other favorite ways to spend your time.

You are SO strong.
I think you may be crawling very soon.
You love practicing pushing up on all fours & throwing yourself forward on your face.
You roll & creep all over the place.
If you are on a lap, you wiggle & roll yourself off somehow.
Our tiny lump has become a great source of entertainment.

You have filled our house with squeals of delight, gurgles, & growls.
Sometimes I don't think your sister knows what to think of you.
That makes me smile.
I think it will be that way forever. :)

She still loves you so much.
You get hugs & kisses from her throughout much of your day.

You're a water baby like your sis.
But at this point 10-15 minutes is your limit.
Who can blame you, though.
Its no fun being strapped to a big crab floaty when you'd rather be figuring out something to get in to...

You are so very cute...
I squish you a lot.
And you like it...at least that's what I tell myself.

At your doctor's appointment this week you:
weighed: 17 lbs 2 oz (50%)
&
measured: 27 in long (74%).
He said you were a good looking guy.
You were very happy for him...
And as you lay here & squeal & holler at my foot trying to get to it, I can't help but smile knowing you must have some great fun in store for us.
You are my most favorite drooly, squishy, cuddly, happy boy.
We love you!

3 comments:

Sherrie Kulwicki said...

We love you lots too and are so happy that you and Baby Owen will be best buddies with Baby K!!! And Princess P will boss them all. :)

Tina Certain said...

Oh how precious you are...I love your smiles and giggles...they make me smile!

The Johnson's said...

He is adorable! I love that smile!:)