.

.

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Kids Camp

A couple of weeks ago, Mitchel headed off to Dry Gulch for a week of fun at camp. With 7- 12 year olds:). We have a running joke about how many years it'll take before he stops going to kids camp. I think he's missed one since he was old enough to go as a camper himself. 

Each year when camp rolls around, I try to pack something from home to surprise him with. This year was really fun, because Miss P got into the surprise part & had lots of fun helping me. His favorite cookies are Lime Meltaways, & I decided those were the best choice. So along with some cards and pictures for everyday, I felt like I could send my husband away for a week with a guarantee he'd miss us:).

He did.

You make these little rolls, chill them, cut them up & stick them on the pan. They don't spread, so you can really pack those puppies on there. 
It was great temptation for those 2 year old hands touching all that dough....

Looking sweet. There's a reason: she had just stuck an entire cookie dough slice in her mouth. What can I say? She's my daughter...

That's how they look all cooked. Not much different. Ha. That's funny.
I didn't remember to take a picture of the finished product. Sad.
They're really pretty. All coated in powdered sugar. I put them inside a jar with a note attached. Then we snuck them in his suitcase with the letters below.

He called me that night, excited, happy. It feels good to make your man happy:).
He had a good time. No problems, kids had a great time. 
Now he's home until hunting season...ugh. 
But...we made it.

3 comments:

Paula's Life said...

well aren't you just the sweetest lil'wife...seriously very nice. :)

The Lowry Place said...

It's a must to eat some of the dough, I still sit down with the brownie batter and eat it right out of the bowl. I'm going to have a hard time sharing when Kaylen is old enough.

Shane and Kelly Daniels said...

Hey Amber, your mom told me about your blog on facebook! I can't wait to find out what you are having. And I can't imagine wearing support hose this summer being pregnant. I used to wear them to work and I had to stop because it's so hot! Guess I'm just asking for vericose veins huh?